When you feel like clutter is getting out of control, it’s time to get more organized. But, plastic totes and bins are expensive and, frankly, not attractive. Have fun and get creative making these ten free sewing projects to be more organized.
This project combines storage bins and tote bags in a really creative and fun way. The pattern is relatively simple to follow and is versatile enough to meet the needs of the littlest artists to professionals.
Stitch up these art totes to organize and store:
- Embroidery projects and supplies.
- Scrapbooking supplies and materials.
- Sewing notions and fabric scraps.
Travel Sewing Case
If you are looking for an easy way to store and carry your sewing notions, look no further than travel sewing case.
Not just useful for traveling, this case can:
- Store thimbles and other small items.
- Easily access your sewing notions while on the go.
- Makes a perfect gift for the disorganized crafter in your life.
Embroidery Project Bag
If you bounce from project to project, this bag is a must-have. Easily store all of your embroidery projects and supplies in one accessible spot.
This multipurpose bag is useful for:
- Wet bag for diaper bags.
- Travel bag for toiletries and make-up.
- Busy bag for car rides.
Medium Hanging Organizer
Let’s just cut to the chase — organizers are useful for everything. This hanging organizer will add a touch of flair to your space all while helping keep the clutter to a minimum.
Stitch up this project and organize:
- Incoming and outgoing mail.
- Sewing patterns.
- Changing table necessities, like wipes, bibs, and onesies.
Bedside Pocket Organizer
This project is the ideal solution for keeping bedside clutter to a minimum and everything within reach. Stitch up a couple and use them around the house wherever you might need some extra organizing.
The bedside pocket organizer is handy for:
- Storing favorite nighttime reading.
- Keeping the kids’ favorite stuffies close by.
- Easy access to changing table necessities.
Baskets are wonderfully multipurpose items, perfect for personal use or gift giving. This project, which is relatively simple to follow, will make it easy to have a few of these on hand.
Make these up for:
- Linen closet storage.
- Fat quarter or fabric scrap storage.
- Remote control, video game controller, or other living room detritus catchall.
Round Travel Bag
Sew your way to the perfect container for the little things that need to be organized. Make one or ten, because you will want to have these on hand.
This travel bag is not just for overnights or vacations; it’s also useful for storing:
- Hair Care accessories.
- Manicure and pedicure necessities.
- Art supplies.
- Travel Organizer
Small items are hard to organize and store. They’re especially challenging to pack when you need to travel. For those small odds-and-ends that you need to travel with, this organizer is the solution.
You can also use this organizer for:
- Jewelry storage.
- Art supplies and travel journals.
- Toiletries and cosmetics.
Car Diddy Bag
When you’re a parent on the go your car often ends up looking like several small tornadoes have swept through it. When you need to get your car travel ready and organized, stitch up this diddy car bag.
Make these car diddy bags to:
- Organize kids’ backseat activities.
- Keep car necessities, like tissues and wipes, handy.
- Keep spare emergencies clothes for littles who may have accidents.
Reversible Storage Bins
These reversible storage bins are made for storing all of those things that can’t fit on a shelf, in a basket, or in a tote.
Make these to:
- Sort laundry.
- Store stuffed animals and other softies.
- Blanket and throw pillow storage.
If you’re looking for more project ideas and tips, please feel free to contact us. Or visit our web page at www.theinspiredsewist.com